Sometimes, when you try to open, restore, or backup a company’s file, you may encounter the QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80. This happens when QuickBooks cannot communicate with a company data file you have on the network. The error 6000/80 causes all ongoing tasks to be halted and a message will flash on your screen.
This error means that you were trying to open a company file when the error occurred. You need to close the software. This QuickBooks multi-user error number 6000 80 can be caused by many other factors. This blog will help you find solutions to the problem. Read More
What are the Main Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80?
We have listed the main reasons for the QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80:
- Hosting can be enabled on multiple computers running QuickBooks over the Network.
- It is possible that you have converted or restored your QuickBooks Data locally, and ended up with error_600080.
- It is possible that the file is too large or not the right size. TLG (Transaction Log File).
- You must delete your QuickBooks Company File.
How to Fix QuickBooks Company File Error_600080
Error_600080 is not only a derivative of QB’s multi-user environment. It also occurs in QuickBooks Single-user mode. After reading this, don’t panic. It is much easier to fix Intuit Quickbooks Error Code 6000 80. Follow the steps below to do this:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Data File Doctor Tool
This tool can help you detect damage in your company file. Although it won’t repair data damage, the tool will detect any data issues in your files.
- First, download the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool and launch it in Administrative Mode.
- You can choose to use either one of these options if the tool reports damage in the QuickBooks Company File.
- Use QB Auto Data Recovery (ADR) to recover your data.
- You can restore a backup you made a day earlier when the error occurred.
You will get a QuickBooks error code_600080 if your company file is damaged.
Solution 2: Copy the File from the Local Drive
- First, search for and copy the backup file (.qbb extension) you took a day earlier when the error occurred on your local drive.
- Next, restore the backup to your local drive by placing it in a folder.
- After that, you can open and verify the company file you wish to update.
- Copy the file to the original location, and then overwrite it before you proceed.
- Finally, open the file again to see if there are any errors.
You may still receive the error message “No problem detected with QuickBooks Company File” even after you have tried all of the methods. Jump to the next solution.
Solution 3: Manually resolve the QuickBooks Error 6000 80
Install the most recent version of QuickBooks
- Update QB to the most recent version. Make sure you select your product.
- If you don’t have the product you want, click on the option to choose another one.
- Follow the instructions to select one of the Automatic updates or Manual updates.
Follow the next steps if the error persists after updating the QB version.
For firewall and security software configuration, configure company files
- You can also go through the Firewall or internet security updates if necessary.
- For more information about the Firewall configuration process, visit the official Microsoft website.
If the QuickBooks company file error number 6000 80 is still not resolved, you can jump to the next step.
Verify permissions to access the company file:
- Navigate to create permissions for the QB company file. You must ensure that permissions are set up correctly.
- Next, you will need to grant QB permissions.
Check out the QB company file:
To create the.ND file you will need to scan the folder in which you stored your company file. It contains all of your host files on the computer.
- Click on Windows, then click on Programs.
- Next, open QuickBooks and then click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click on the Add Folder option in the QuickBooks Database Server Manager window. Move to the folder containing QB company files.
- After you have added all folders, click Scan.
- Click on Close to close the QuickBooks company file found.
- Finally, go through the folder containing all company files. Make sure the. QBW.ND file has been created for each company data file.
We hope the above-mentioned troubleshooting techniques will have helped you to eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80. Sometimes, the error code_600080 in QuickBooks might not be resolved even after you have tried all the solutions.