Proving the fault in a slip and fall case – How is that possible?
Did you know that slip and fall accidents contribute to more than a million emergency visits in the US every year? According to the reports revealed by the National Floor Safety Institute, slip and fall accidents have become the most common reasons behind victims filing personal injury cases. If you are someone who is thinking of making an injury claim after a slip and fall accident, here are a few things you should know.
- The business owner, property owner, or anyone else can be legally liable for your accident, but this is not always the case with a slip-and-fall accident.
- When you have to prove a slip and fall accident case, this will mean that you have to show someone negligent, either the store owner or the property owner.
In case you have been subject to a slip and fall accident, you can always hire the best Miami personal injury lawyer who can handle your case and protect your rights.
Is it okay to file a slip-and-fall accident claim?
Before you pursue a slip and fall accident claim, you should first ask yourself whether or not this will be worth the hassle and time that you have to invest. It can be a challenging experience to make a claim with the insurance company of the property owner, particularly when the main reasons are difficult to establish.
- The fault of the property owner in the slip and fall accident
- The extent and nature of your injuries
- The non-economic effect of your injuries
- The legitimacy and credibility of the medical treatment that you received
- Whether or not you may share some fault in the slip and fall accident
The insurance company will never have your best interests in mind
When you pursue a slip and fall accident claim, you have to remember that the business owner or the property owner’s Insurance Company will never end up with a fair resolution of the case. The insurance adjusters have to push back on the allegations of the claimant and do everything that is possible for them to minimize the compensation amount. This is why it is imperative that you work with a personal injury attorney as he can professionally negotiate with the insurance company and fight for your rights.
Whenever you are injured on someone else’s property, it is a smart idea to equip yourself with as many details about the law as possible in your situation. In case of an injury claim, you better work with a lawyer than handle things on your own.